Monday, August 4, 2008

A Sad August

In terms of being a cast member, this month is a very sad one. Many of the wonderful people I've gotten the pleasure to work with and know are leaving. August looks to be a busy month. I suppose it mainly has to do with people going back to school. A lot of the seasonal cast are finishing their time here and going back to their normal lives. They're going back home, to places all over the world. I've learned a lot about the "magic" in my five months of working for Disney so far. I've learned that the magic of Disney resides not in the concrete and steel of the parks, but in the hearts of the cast that bring it to life. These are very special people. These are people who have to go through much adversity each and every day to bring smiles to the faces of the guests that walk through those gates. They are my friends. They are my colleagues. And I've grown very much attached to them. I am so grateful for the time I've gotten to spend with them. I will always remember them and hold those memories close to my heart. And I will miss them very much.

Thank you, my friends. I hope I will see you again someday. And until then, I hope pixie dust will follow you wherever your journeys take you.

No comments: