Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Final Adventure

It is being reported that on September 27, all the clubs in Pleasure Island will close. Disney will turn the area into more of a retail experience. I can't say that I'm surprised. I've been there many a night where those clubs were so empty, it was sad. In fact, if not for cast members, I'm pretty sure the place would be a ghost town. There is one exception, however. And it breaks my heart to have it included in the clubs that will shut down, The Adventurers Club. This to me was the only club worth visiting in Pleasure Island. It is the most beloved club among guests and cast. Each visit was always different and such a blast. I can't believe it's going away. I am so going to miss the tales of Hathaway Browne, Otis T. Wren, Pamelia Perkins, Samantha Sterling, Fletcher Hodges, and the rest. This club was popular and always lively. But I guess, you can't just keep one club in the place. You have to get rid of them all. I'm gonna try to visit a few more times before it closes. I'll miss you guys. Kungaloosh!